Careers At Nypro Inc.
Project Engineer ATC
Performs a variety of duties related to the development of a cost efficient, capable process for new and existing molds providing technical expertise on molds and processes. Provide integration and qualification of manufacturing work cell systems. Maintain all ATC equipment. Assist in support of New Technology development efforts in the ATC.
· Design / Develop new mold processes leading to rapid mold qualification and customer approval.
· Establish processes for new molds performing standard process development tests such as gate seal off, balanced fill study, design of experiments, process parameter sensitivity study etc.
· Document fully and record mold process and process development data. This may include using RJG sensors and equipment to analyze process and provide additional documentation.
· Assist in new mold startup in production facilities when requested.
· Work as a team with the mold shop to recommend improvements, revisions and repairs to new molds.
· Work with the Metrology Lab to achieve customer product dimensional requirements.
· Set up and maintain all new equipment coming into the ATC, set up tools, EOAT’s, material, material drying and any additional requirements for process development / sampling.
· Work with NyproMold’s customers during the mold qualification process to insure all customer requirements and expectations are achieved. This may in some situations require working a flexible schedule.
· Assist in supporting new technology development efforts in the ATC.
· Coordinate and implements the installation and de-installation of equipment for the ATC.
· Responsible for establishing and troubleshooting of new EOAT setups: robot vacuum cups, proximity switches, and other equipment.
· Coordinates and implements engineering of automation projects and jobs
· Directs or coordinates special projects related to the processing of various molded components, reviewing tooling design, robotics and secondary equipment
· Assist with the design and debugging of new systems, tooling and automation
· Assist in set up and qualification of integrated work cell manufacturing systems.
· Provide functional and technical guidance to other ATC engineers
· Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment
· Reports customer complaints and product non-conformances to Group Leader for disposition.
· Adheres to all NyproMold work procedures and quality policies
· Performs reasonably related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline with at least seven to ten years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be knowledgeable of injection molding processing and tooling as well as robotics and automation
Knowledge Skills and Attributes
Some travel required.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Master Molder II certification desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
© 2014 Nypro Inc.